Exquisite equates with BEAUTIFUL, ELEGANT, ATTRACTIVE, DELICATE, PLEASING and GRACEFUL. It is a facility carefully crafted to guarantee a service of total care, comfort and pleasure, the very dream of parents like you.
With the provision of hands-on experience, including clubs and group activities aimed at encouraging leadership as well as promoting social responsibility and healthy living, all in a congenial preschool environment, we look forward to giving satisfaction to all parents who have over the years expressed the desire to see this dream become a reality.
~ MATTHEW 19: 14 (NKJV)
"But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not forbid them, for of such is the kingdom of God."
We exist to teach and equip every child in our care to value themselves as individuals, training them to acquire the requisite foundation for successful academic pursuit, in comfort and style, using both the traditional and Montessori methods of education, and inculcating in them good moral values
To encourage the child to discover and learn through various methods, from free play to problem-solving games, and develop spiritually, in a balanced and serene environment
Exquisite Baby Lounge is built on the Christian principles of love and service. We inspire our pupils to flourish in a safe and reassuring environment, thereby preparing each child to be creative and independent, ready to deal with life’s many responsibilities and opportunities.
As such, our aims are summarised as follows:
- To create room for spiritual, moral and personal development within an environment that promotes and affirms Christian values.
- To provide an education that extends beyond a purely academic environment, pupils are actively encouraged to take part in a wide range of artistic, creative, cultural, musical, sporting and other co-curricular activities.
- To foster self-discipline, self-esteem, mutual respect and cooperation. This includes promoting behaviour and discipline that allow all to succeed in a supportive environment.
- To enable each individual pupil, reach their potential within a secure and caring community, thus equipping them with the skills they need as they grow up into an ever-changing society.
- To promote an atmosphere of friendship and trust so that the worth, dignity and contribution of each member of the school community is encouraged and appreciated.
- To enable all pupils to develop the ability to think independently, to overcome difficulties and be resilient in the face of adversity.
HEAD OF SCHOOL
Madam Felicity Cudjoe obtained a Diploma in Early Childhood Education from Modern Montessori International, London, with specialisation in the theory and practice of the Montessori Method of Education as well as in Management and Entrepreneurial programmes.
With Thirty – one (31) years of experience in early childhood education coupled with continued training in areas of school management targeted at reinforcing her knowledge and skills, she successfully headed and run Dolly Memorial Crèche and Nursery School (September 1990 – May 2017, a period spanning twenty-seven (27) years.)
Driven by her passion to expand into the International School system, she established the Primary School wing, Dison International School, in September 2013, which runs the English National Curriculum. Until May, 2017, she managed one hundred and thirty (130) employees and seven hundred children (700) in both schools.
Her strength lies in administrative processes, managerial procedures, training and grooming, guidance and counseling, school start-ups as well as pre-school consultancy. On the 6th of November, 2017, Exquisite Baby Lounge started with only one child in a prime area (Burma – Hills) in Accra four (4) years down the line thus how far the Lord has brought us.
THE SCHOOL’S COLOUR (GREEN)
The modern English word Green comes from Middle English and Anglo-Saxon word grene, and is associated with the same Germanic root as the words “grass” and “grow”.
It is the colour of living grass and leaves, and consequently, evokes springtime, growth and nature. Several minerals have a green colour, including the emeralds, which is the colour most commonly associated with nature, life, health, youth, spring, safety and hope.
Due to its association with nature, it is the colour of the global movement for environmental protection. We at Exquisite Baby Lounge identify with this vibrant colour for growth, fruitfulness and longevity.